The traditional wall tent, sometimes called a cabin tent, has a history and a legacy as old as our great country. A traditional wall tent provided shelter from the most severe elements for our early pioneers, trappers, miners, and hunters. With all of today's fancy campers and motor homes, the interest still remains in the lore of "real camping". The use of a wall tent contributes to this feeling. We like to think of it as a step back to unhurried times, a reflection of Grandpa's stories of how it used to be, cowboy coffee, beans-n-bacon, and tall tales around the camp fire. The wall tent has passed the test of time, with families handing down tents from one generation to another, along with precious memories. Wall tents are ideal for providing quick, sturdy, shelter during emergencies.
Grade-A, cotton duck canvas. The treatment on the cotton canvas is applied at a USA finishing plant and provides a treated canvas that is fire-retardant to California Marshall fire specifications with water-proofing and mildew inhibitors. New and innovative designs ensure the highest standards of construction, materials and comfort. Available in natural canvas color only.
Fabricover has teamed up with Montana Canvas to offer a wall tent selection with old-fashioned quality but built for today's tough applications. Extremely rugged, canvas tents are ideal for any base camp or expedition -- for any hunter, herder, or scout needing a durable and dependable shelter. Each tent is made one at a time, without compromise in materials and quality. With over 125 years of combined knowledge in wall tent design and manufacturing, we can supply a tent that will out last the competition.
Fabric used is 100% cotton canvas 10oz natural, treated for water, mildew, and fire resistance. A tough, long lasting, yet flexible fabric. Easy to clean and resists fading, rot, and structural weakening from prolonged exposure to the sun and other damaging elements. Water, soil, mildew, and fire resistant to CPAI-84 standards.
All canvas wall tents offered by Fabricover include the manufacturer's full warranty against defects of workmanship and materials. Any defect found in our wall tents will be repaired or the tent replaced within 90 days of purchase (at the discretion of Fabricover) without charge. This warranty may be voided if cleaning or treatment agents or compounds that have not been approved for use by Fabricover have been used. This limited warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, accidents, or damage incurred during transport. This warranty applies only to new products sold at retail value and to the original purchaser.
- Montana Canvas use only grade-A, 10 oz. cotton duck treated canvas. The canvas is treated in the USA and provides maximum protection from the elements and includes additional mildew inhibitors to protect the natural canvas. The canvas is fire-retardant meeting the California Marshall fire specifications
- Stove jack with a weather flap comes in a 5” oval allowing for a 5” round pipe to fit perfectly with the pitch of the roof. This stove jack is designed to withstand the extremely high temperatures associated with the use of a single wall stove pipe. The placement for your stove will be on the inside left as you enter the tent.
- Tent has one screened window located in the back wall of the tent. Screened window is 24”T x 30”W and features No See Um mesh to keep out the smallest of insects. Window can be fully closed from the inside of the tent featuring a #5 YKK zipper.
- The tent features a full length internal ridge pole reinforcement on the tent body with additional reinforcement at the gable ends. This allows for years of heavy use when using a lodgepole wood frame. Sewn in storm flaps allow you to close off the gable ends if you are using our Montana Canvas internal frame.
- The tent eaves are constructed of a double layer of canvas which is double stitched.
- The end wall construction features six layers of canvas-double lock stitched seams. This provides maximum strength at the most critical stressed tent seams.
- Sidewall are a standard full five feet in height.
- The doors open up to a 7’6? height and feature a heavy duty trouble-free YKK zipper. Tent doors can easily be secured open with webbing and side release buckles. Tent door features a generous weather flap that is secured by easy to use side release buckles. In mild weather, simply buckle the doors open and enjoy the great outdoors!
- The ground seam at the bottom of the tent is reinforced with webbing and utilizes heavy duty brass grommets to allow you to stake your tent from the inside or outside.
- Each tent features a sod cloth that is sewn onto the tent ground seam at the bottom of the tent and extends a generous 12? beyond the tent floor to provide a weather-tight seal. Compatible with any terrain and weather condition, the sod cloth can be folded inside or extended outside the assembled tent.
- Tent features 12” steel stakes to secure your tent to the ground.
- Each wall tent comes complete with 200’ of ¼” black polyester rope, rope slips (tension adjusters), and a tent storage bag.
(Each wall tent is built to order. Currently, please allow 8-10 weeks for production and delivery)
CA, LA, MA, MI, MN, NY and NJ are states that require any tent shipped to their state, or set up within their state meet the CPAI-84 fire resistant code.